Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings are juicy and crispy chicken wings perfectly prepared in your air fryer. In 12 minutes, you will never go back to cooking them any other way!
I love wings! I mean who doesn’t? They are the perfect appetizer, party snack, or dinner entree. No matter what you are eating, a side of wings goes just perfectly. Now, you can make mouth watering wings in just 12 minutes using your air fryer! These air fryer lemon pepper wings are by far some of my favorite.
What Are Lemon Pepper Wings?
Lemon pepper wings are just chicken drums and flats dressed up in a deliciously zesty lemon pepper seasoning. Lemon pepper seasoning can be store bought (how I do it), or made at home. Seasonings will usually contain lemon zest, pepper and salt.
Lemon Pepper Wings Ingredients
The best thing about this recipe is you won’t need to go shopping for ingredients you’ve never even heard of before. In fact, you only need 3 main ingredients for this recipe!
- Chicken wings. You will only need 10-12 wings for this recipe. If you want more, you’ll need to do them in batches.
- Olive oil. This is used to coat the chicken to help the seasoning coat evenly. It also helps crisp the skin to perfection.
- Lemon pepper seasoning. You can find lemon pepper seasoning in the seasoning aisle of your local grocery store. My favorite is McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning.
Homemade lemon pepper seasoning
Want to make your own homemade lemon pepper seasoning? Try this easy recipe that combines dried lemon peel, black pepper, onion and garlic powder.
How to Make Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
No cooking all day for this recipe! You can whip these delicious wings up in just 12 minutes. Follow the steps below for perfectly crispy lemon pepper wings:
Step 1: Season Wings
In a large bowl or ziplock bag, add the wings. Pour in the olive oil. Add the lemon pepper seasoning and mix to coat evenly.
Step 2: Preheat Air Fryer
Once the chicken wings are seasoned, you will need to preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
Step 3: Arrange Your Wings in Air Fryer Basket
Place half the wings in the basket, making sure to not overcrowd them. Once the air fryer has preheated, you can place the basket with the wings in the air fryer.
Step 4: Cook Wings
Place wings in your air fryer and cook for 6 minutes. Then, take the basket out and flip or shake the basket. Cook your wings for an additional 6 minutes.
Step 5: Repeat
Repeat the process with your remaining wings.
Serve with your favorite side and enjoy.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Wings in the Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t fret. You can still make delicious wings in your oven too! Unlike the airfryer, baked wings will take about 50 to 60 minutes to cook fully. To make a similar recipe in the oven, follow this Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe.
Side Dish Options
You can eat your delicious lemon pepper wings with just about any side, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Savory Arugula Harvest Salad
- Creamy Oven Baked Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Potato Recipe
- Easy Summer Macaroni Salad
How to Store Leftover Wings
You can safely store your leftover chicken wings in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover the wings with airtight packaging or seal them in airtight storage containers. Once they are sealed place them in the refrigerator. You can keep them in there for 3 to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Them?
Yes, you can freeze your leftover chicken wings. To maintain the best quality, place them in a freezer ziplock storage bag and store them in the freezer for no more than 6 months. To reheat them, place them back in the air fryer.
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken is one of the most versatile meats you can eat. With that being said, here are some other delicious chicken recipes to try:
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Thighs
- Cornflake Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Pin this post to Pinterest for others to whip up some delicious chicken wings, too! Remember, sharing is caring!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- In a large bowl or Ziplock bag, add the wings. Pour in the olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Stir to coat evenly.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place half the wings in the Air Fryer, making sure not to crowd the basket.
- Cook for 6 minutes and flip or shake the basket.
- Cook for another 6 minutes and remove. Repeat with the remaining wings.
- Serve with your favorite dip or side.
The nutrition information is calculated using online nutrition calculators and may not be accurate. It is provided as a general guide only.
The recipe and photos contained herein are the property of Emily Enchanted© and may not be copied.