Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are perfectly cooked every time and have a delicious garlic lemon pepper flavor. Just season and air fry!
This recipe uses only a little olive oil for flavor. Cooking in an air fryer lets you get that crispy skin on chicken without needing a ton of oil for frying. Healthy and delicious!
If you do not have an air fryer, try my Oven Baked Chicken Thighs recipe.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Ingredients
To make this air fryer chicken recipe, you will need the following (go to the recipe below for detailed amounts and instructions):
- chicken thighs
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
How to Make Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Season the chicken. Add chicken thighs, olive oil, and seasonings to a large ziplock bag. Squish and move until the chicken thighs are covered evenly.
- Air fry the chicken. Add a liner to the basket and place the chicken thighs in a single layer. Cook for 12 minutes, flipping after 6 minutes. Remove once the thighs have reached 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest portion for the meat.
Tips for Cooking Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
- Leave the bone in and skin on for maximum flavor and for the juiciest chicken. You can also use boneless chicken thighs or chicken breast if you are in a pinch.
- I get my chicken from my local meat store. The quality of the chicken is so much higher than most grocery store chicken.
What Can I Eat With Chicken Thighs?
You can eat chicken thighs by themselves, with a side dish, on top of rice or pasta, or shred the chicken and make tacos! Here is a full list of ideas:
- Over rice or pasta
- Steamed green vegetable, such as asparagus, green beans, or broccoli
- Funeral Potatoes
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Bacon Broccoli Salad