Arugula Harvest Salad is a savory and delicious salad perfect for fall. Cooked quinoa and sweet potato are mixed with fresh arugula and sprinkled with a light dressing.
Harvest Salad Ingredients
To make this easy fall salad recipe, you will need the following (scroll down to the recipe below for exact amounts and variations):
- Sweet potato
- Spices: rosemary, cinnamon, salt and pepper
- Dried cranberries
- Pumpkin seeds
How Make A Delicious and Healthy Salad for Fall
- In a medium skillet, drizzle a little olive oil and saute your sweet potato. Season with rosemary, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook sweet potato until it is soft and a vibrant orange color.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, add in your arugula. Spoon your cooked quinoa on top of your arugula, spreading evenly over the leaves. Add on your sweet potato, almonds, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
- Finish off with the juice of a whole lime (you can also add a little olive oil as well, but it is optional).
Substitutions & Optional Add-Ins
- If you prefer, you can roast your sweet potatoes.
- Add a savory cheese, like feta or bleu cheese.
- Try an apple cider vinegar dressing.
- Top with sliced apples or pears.
What to Serve with Harvest Salad
Harvest Salad is hearty enough to be served on its own, or you can serve it as a side dish. Here are some ideas for a delicious fall meal: Turkey Chili, Oven Baked Chicken Thighs, Cream of Mushroom Soup, and Instant Pot Pot Roast.