Chocolate Easter Egg Brownies are an easy Easter dessert that are festive and delicious. Chewy chocolate brownies are topped with Easter egg candies.
If you love easy holiday desserts, you should also check my Easter Chocolate Pretzel Bites with Hershey Hugs and Caramel M&Ms.
This post contains affiliate links.
What You Need for Chocolate Easter Egg Brownies Recipe
To make these chocolate brownies, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Candy coated chocolate eggs
Tips for Easter Brownies
- If you are really in a time crunch, you can make Chocolate Easter Egg Brownies with a chocolate cake mix and just make the brownies according to the package instructions. Add the eggs per the instructions below.
How to Make Chocolate Brownies with Easter Eggs
- Prep the oven and pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Allow the parchment paper to hang over the edges for easy removal after baking. Grease the parchment paper and any exposed areas of the pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Freeze the candy eggs. Place bag of candy coated chocolate eggs in the freezer as you prepare the brownies. This step is important so that the eggs do not melt once you add them to the top of the brownies. You want the eggs to retain their shape.
- Make the brownie batter. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. When the butter is melted, add the sugar and cook for two more minutes, stirring constantly. Pour the butter and sugar mixture into a large bowl and add the cocoa powder. Mix to combine. Mix in the eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour ½ cup at a time, mixing between each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake the brownies. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with the chocolate eggs. Remove chocolate eggs from the freezer. Decorate the brownies with the chocolate eggs immediately after removing the pan from the oven.
- Let cool. Allow the brownies to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then, use the parchment paper edges to lift the brownies out of the pan and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Delicious Easter Desserts
Try these other amazing Easter desserts: