These adorable Easter Rice Krispie Treats in the shape of Easter bunnies include mini Cadbury eggs and Spring sprinkles. Your family will love these festive Easter treats!
Easter baskets will certainly bring joy if homemade rice krispie bunnies are included! This no bake recipe is so easy to make and even the kids can help.
This post contains affiliate links.
Easter Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
To make this Easter Bunny dessert, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- unsalted butter
- mini marshmallows
- vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Cadbury mini eggs
- White chocolate chips and pastel nonpareils for garnish, optional
Special Tool Needed
You will also need a 3-inch bunny cookie cutter, easily found in an Easter set. Want to mix it up? Try a variety of Easter cookie cutters!
How to Make Bunny Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter has completely melted stir in the mini marshmallows until melted through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Add in the cereal and mini eggs and mix all ingredients until evenly combined.
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and transfer the mixture to the pan. Press it down with a silicone spatula and smooth out the top to make it flat. [Don’t press too hard – you don’t want to crush the rice krispies.] Allow the mixture to set for 30 minutes. You can add more chocolate eggs on top at this time.
- Butter a bunny-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the shapes from the cereal mixture. Place the cut treats on a tray or cookie sheet.
- To decorate: melt a few tablespoons of white chocolate or chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and once melted transfer to a piping bag or zip-top bag. Add a little coconut oil if it is not melty enough. Cut a tiny hole for a tip and pipe a zig zag pattern on the bunnies. (You can also just use a spoon to drizzle on the chocolate). While the chocolate is still warm add some sprinkles and allow to set.
- Once set you can enjoy the treats or package them up for gifting later.
- You can incorporate sprinkles directly into the mixture instead of using them as toppings. About ¼ cup will add lots of sprinkles to your treats.
- You can use a piping bag to drizzle the chocolate more precisely. You could also make chocolate dipped rice krispies and cover the whole treat.
- For a super colorful and vibrant treat, use Fruity Pebbles cereal.
- Wrap them in cellophane bags with ribbon as an Easter treat for guests. You could also pipe names in white chocolate on the treats and use them as place cards for Easter dinner.
These treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Can I Freeze Rice Krispies Treats?
If you need them to last longer you can freeze them individually wrapped and allow them to come to room temperature before decorating.
More Cute Easter Desserts
- Italian Easter Cookies
- Easter Blondies
- Easter Dirt Cake
- Easter Bunny Chow
- Chocolate Easter Egg Brownies