Easter Chocolate Pretzel Bites are the perfect sweet and salty combination. Pretzels are topped with a Hershey Hug and caramel M&M. Everyone will love this chocolate Easter treat.
This is a version of my popular Chocolate Pretzel Rings with Kisses and M&Ms. You can make them for any holiday or occasion.
Easter Chocolate Pretzel Bites Ingredients
This recipe for Easter Chocolate Pretzel Bites only calls for 3 ingredients! You can make as many as you want, so just make sure you have equal amounts of each ingredient.
You will also need cookie sheets and parchment paper.
Can I Use Hershey Kisses Instead?
Hershey Hugs (the white chocolate and milk chocolate swirled Kisses) are perfect for this recipe because they melt so well, but you can use other candies.
Hershey Kisses (the plain chocolate kind) do not melt as well and have less “smush” factor. They end up very rounded.
Hershey Candy Cane Kisses get extra melty and need less time in the oven.
Rolo candies are another version I have seen, but I have not tried myself.
How to Make Easter Chocolate Pretzel Bites In the Oven
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with parchment paper. You don’t have to use parchment paper but this makes it much easier to remove the pretzels.
- Lay out the pretzels and put one chocolate on each pretzel.
- Melt in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Immediately place an M&M in the middle and press down. I like to make sure the “m” is face down so they look nice. The Hugs may still look peaked but they will be soft.
- Cool in fridge until hardened, about 5-10 minutes.
Can I Make Easter Pretzel Bites In the Microwave?
Making these pretzel candies in the microwave is easy, but does take longer than doing large batches in the oven.
Instead of a pan, lay the pretzels on a microwaveable plate. Put one chocolate on each pretzel. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the Hershey Hugs are softened.
Press the M&Ms into the Hugs. Cool in fridge until hardened, about 5-10 minutes.
Store in container at room temperature. The chocolate will start to develop white spots due to oxidation and not look as nice if you keep them in the fridge too long.