Spring Flower Cupcakes are the perfect dessert to celebrate the coming of Spring or holidays like Easter.
Today I saw trees starting to bloom pretty colors like white and purple. Spring is here!! The beginning of spring and the celebration of Easter always go together in my mind, so I thought these cute spring flower cupcakes would be the perfect thing on the Easter dessert table.
Spring Cupcakes Ingredients
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping ease.
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- hot water
- chocolate buttercream
- graham cracker crumbs
- yellow candy melts: or white chocolate and yellow food coloring
- coconut oil: not necessary if opting for white chocolate
How to Make Flower Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan [I like this Wilton Muffin Pan] with muffin cups. Set your pan aside.
- In a large bowl [I use this OXO mixing bowl with grips], combine your dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer [I’d be lost without my Kitchenaid mixer!], mix sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add vegetable oil.
- In small amounts, add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternatively into your wet ingredients.
- Once your cupcake batter is completely combined, mix in the hot water. Fill each section of your muffin pan halfway with cupcake batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes on cooling rack.
- Using a piping bag, pipe on large amount of chocolate buttercream on each cupcake. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy melts and coconut oil. Place in a piping bag and pipe out flower shapes on baking sheet. Let set in the refrigerator. If you decide to go with white chocolate, place a dab of yellow food coloring on white chocolate chips. Melt using the double boiler method.
- Remove from wax paper and place on top of cupcake.
Chocolate Recipes to Die For
Want more chocolate? Try these recipes: