Chicken Parm Sliders take a favorite Italian-American recipe and transform it into a sandwich. Chicken tenders, marinara sauce and cheese are layered on rolls and baked to perfection in the oven.
This chicken slider recipe has melty cheese and great Italian flavor. The marinara sauce provides a rich tomato flavor while the melted mozzarella cheese adds creaminess and a mild saltiness to the dish.
With this easy recipe, you can turn classic chicken parmesan into miniature sandwiches perfect for parties or dinner! Let’s get started.
Chicken Parm Sliders Ingredients
To make this easy sliders recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- King’s Hawaiian rolls: Be sure to purchase the butter rolls, not the sweet rolls. The Hawaiian sweet rolls will give a different taste, but feel free to use them.
- Marinara sauce
- Chicken tenders: You can also make this recipe with chicken nuggets instead of chicken tenders. You can use frozen chicken tenders, as they will be cooked before adding to the sliders.
- Provolone cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Italian seasoning
- Grated parmesan
How to Make Easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Cook the chicken tenders according to the package instructions. Set the crispy chicken aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a bread knife, carefully cut the Hawaiian rolls into two equal portions, a top and a bottom, by cutting through the center, all the way around. You do not need to break apart the individual rolls.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the bottom portion of the rolls.
- Top with breaded chicken tenders, then 8 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with the top portion of slider rolls.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and Italian seasoning.
- Using a silicone brush, gently brush the mixture over the rolls, coating them heavily and evenly. Be sure to get the tops and the sides.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the buns are golden brown and the cheese has fully melted.
- Top immediately with grated parmesan cheese.
- Cut sliders carefully with a knife or metal spatula to serve.
Sliders can be served as a main course or as an appetizer. Serve them up on game day with a table of finger foods accompanied by melted garlic butter or a cup marinara sauce for dipping. Prefer a sit down dinner? Pair with Italian Salad and Caprese Skewers.