Air Fryer Onion Rings are really tasty and made without the oil and grease. Serve with dipping sauce that is a copycat version of Outback Steakhouse blooming onion sauce.
Making onion rings in the air fryer makes them just a little bit healthier. Enjoy them with a steak dinner or during a football party.
Air Fryer Onion Rings Ingredients
To make this air fryer appetizer recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- Sweet onions
- Panko bread crumbs
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
How to Make Onion Rings in an Air Fryer
- Peel the outer layer of the onions. Cut the onions in ½ inch and separate into rings.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, milk, paprika, half of the salt, and half of the garlic powder. Mix well so the mixture is smooth free of clumps.
- In another medium sized bowl, add the breadcrumbs, remaining salt, and remaining garlic powder. Mix well.
- Take an onion ring and dip into the milk and flour batter.
- Using just one hand take the ring out and with the other dry hand sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over an empty bowl until fully covered and then place onto the air fryer basket.
- Cook the onion rings at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. (The time may vary depending on your air fryer.)
- For the dipping sauce, mix the ketchup, horseradish, mayonnaise, salt, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Serve onion rings with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
Onion rings will keep in a refrigerator for up to 3 days. I recommend putting them in the broiler to crisp them up again before serving leftovers.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes