This Apple Cider Margarita is the perfect fall cocktail. Spicy cider and tangy lime provide a warming but refreshing take on the classic Margarita. This cocktail is made of 3 simple ingredients and a cinnamon sugar rim.
Apple Cider goes great in many cocktails. Prefer vodka? Try my Apple Cider Martini. If you are more of a rum fan, you will love this Apple Cider Mojito.
Apple Cider Margarita Ingredients
To make this hard cider cocktail, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Apple cider: You can buy this at the store or make your own apple cider.
- Tequila: I used Jose Cuervo Gold. You can use any brand, but I recommend using a gold tequila and not a silver tequila.
- Lime juice
- Lime and apple slices for garnish
How to Make a Fall Margarita
- Prepare spice mix on a small plate for the glass rim. Prepare glasses using a lime wedge around the rim. Dip and rotate the glass in the plate with the spices until the desired rim is created.
- Fill the serving glass with ice. Add the apple cider, tequila and lime juice to the glass. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired and add a lime and apple slice for garnish.
If you would like a stronger apple cider margarita add an additional ounce of tequila.
Use a good quality or homemade apple cider for this recipe for best results. Feel free to add additional spices to the cider to your personal taste.
Can I make this drink for a crowd?
This recipe would be a great signature drink for Thanksgiving or Christmas parties and the recipe can be added to a pitcher for easy serving. Ice and garnishes can be added to a tray for self service.