This Apple Cider Margarita is the perfect fall cocktail. Spicy cider and tangy lime provide a warming but refreshing take on the classic Margarita. This cocktail is made of 3 simple ingredients and a cinnamon sugar rim.
Apple Cider Margarita Ingredients
To make this hard cider cocktail, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Apple cider
- Tequila: I used Jose Cuervo Gold. You can use any brand, but I recommend using a gold tequila and not a silver tequila.
- Lime juice
- Lime and apple slices for garnish
How to Make a Fall Margarita
- Prepare spice mix on a small plate for the glass rim. Prepare glasses using a lime wedge around the rim. Dip and rotate the glass in the plate with the spices until the desired rim is created.
- Fill the serving glass with ice. Add the apple cider, tequila and lime juice to the glass. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired and add a lime and apple slice for garnish.
If you would like a stronger apple cider margarita add an additional ounce of tequila.
Use a good quality or homemade apple cider for this recipe for best results. Feel free to add additional spices to the cider to your personal taste.
Can I make this drink for a crowd?
This recipe would be a great signature drink for Thanksgiving or Christmas parties and the recipe can be added to a pitcher for easy serving. Ice and garnishes can be added to a tray for self service.