This Instant Pot Apple Cider could not be easier to make and is full of delicious fall spices and flavors like ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and real maple syrup! This cider can be served hot or cold.
Instant Pot Apple Cider Ingredients
To make this hot apple cider recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Apples: I used a mix of Honey Crisp, Gala and Granny Smith
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whole cloves
- Ground ginger
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
How to Make Apple Cider in an Instant Pot
- Wash apples, cut in quarters and add to the Instant Pot. Add the ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks to the pot. Cover the apples with water up to the max line in the Instant Pot. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Close the Instant pot and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes. Once the cooking process is complete, natural release for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the Instant Pot cover and using a potato masher mash all the solids.
- Strain mixture with either a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer. (I like to double strain for a very smooth cider). Discard the solids.
- Once strained mix in brown sugar and maple syrup. Serve cold, at room temperature or warm! Enjoy!
- A combination of apple types makes the best cider to balance sweet and tart. Experiment for your personal taste. I like 5 Honey Crisp, 3 Gala and 2 Granny Smith.
- Feel free to adjust the spices to your personal taste.
- A cheese cloth is best for straining the cider, as you will get the most liquid out of it.
- This produces a lot of liquid, so make sure you have a large bowl or pot on hand to strain the liquid into.
All you need is a large pot to make homemade hot apple cider.
Apple Cider can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.