Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole is a great way to use up all the delicious turkey and side dishes that are leftover from Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole Ingredients
To make this leftover Thanksgiving casserole recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- canned green beans
- canned mushroom soup
- mashed potatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked stuffing
- crispy onions
How to Make a Casserole with Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the turkey, green beans and mushroom soup to a 9×13-inch casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Add dollops of the mashed potatoes around the top then sprinkle on half of the cheese, all of the stuffing, then the remaining cheese and crispy onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the onions have turned a light golden color and the edges of the cheese start to bubble.
- Serve with freshly minced parsley for garnish if desired.
You can add cranberry sauce for a sweeter dish. Just mix it with the chopped turkey before adding to the baking dish.
Can I Use Fresh Green Beans instead of Canned?
Yes, you can use freshly cooked green beans. Just chop them into smaller pieces before adding to this casserole.
Thanksgiving casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.