Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili with Turkey is the perfect fall recipe. This healthy chili is full of turkey, peppers, beans and seasoning.
If you love butternut squash recipes, you have to try this chili. Did you know you can put butternut squash in chili? You can also try it in beef chili.
Fall is all about the smells for me. This recipe cooks in the slow cooker for up to 10 hours, filling your house with wonderful aromas.
Butternut Squash Chili Ingredients
To make this comforting chili recipe, you will need the following (go to the recipe below for detailed amounts and instructions):
- Ground turkey
- Red onion
- Poblano pepper
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Great Northern beans: You can also use Cannellini or Navy Beans.
- Pinto beans: You may substitute with Kidney Beans.
- Chicken broth
- Butternut squash
- Frozen corn: You may substitute canned corn (14.5 ounces, drained) for the frozen corn.
- Seasonings: Chili powder, Salt, Italian seasoning
How to Make Butternut Squash Chili in a Slow Cooker
- Brown the meat. In a skillet, brown the ground turkey. Add to slow cooker.
- Add ingredients to slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook the chili. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours or until ingredients are soft.
Make it Spicy. For spicier chili, use more than one jalapeño or include some of the seeds to taste.
Make it Ahead: To save prep time, turkey can be browned ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.
Easy Clean Up: For easier clean up, use a crock pot liner. Slow cooking can cause food to really stick to the crock pot. Liners are disposable and food safe.
- Cream: Sour cream or greek yogurt
- Chives or green onion
- Cheese: Queso Fresco, cheddar, or Monterey Jack
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave or stove top. This chili also freezes well.
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili with Turkey
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz can Rotel
- 15.5 oz can great northern beans drained
- 15.5 oz can pinto beans drained
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 12 oz bag frozen corn
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey. Add to slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours or until ingredients are soft.
The nutrition information is calculated using online nutrition calculators and may not be accurate. It is provided as a general guide only.
The recipe and photos contained herein are the property of Emily Enchanted© and may not be copied.