This Easy Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese recipe is a quick and tasty dinner. Buffalo sauce and green onions add just the right amount of zing to this flavorful dish. Chicken helps fill out this pasta dish and make it go farther for your family.
This post contains affiliate links.
When I said this recipe was easy, I meant it. You do not have to make the cheese sauce from scratch. I simply use a box mix and find it is just as good. And much faster!
I use the Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. You do not need to add milk and butter like the traditional boxed mac and cheese. This comes with a prepackaged cheese sauce versus the powder you usually find.
I find that most store brand buffalo wing sauces are mild and not too spicy. You can use any buffalo sauce you wish. If you like more spice, go for it!
Ingredients You Need to Make Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- chicken breast
- Buffalo wing sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
How to make Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Kraft dinner in large saucepan as directed on package.
- Cook the chicken by boiling for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the chicken and toss with buffalo wing sauce. Stir into the macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Chop the green onion stems and sprinkle on top of the mac and cheese.