This easy Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe is a quick and tasty dinner. Buffalo sauce and green onions add just the right amount of zing to this flavorful dish. Chicken helps fill out this pasta dish and make it go farther for your family.
When I said this recipe was easy, I meant it. You do not have to make the cheese sauce from scratch. I simply use a box mix and find it is just as good. And much faster!
This post contains affiliate links.
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Ingredients
To make this spicy mac and cheese, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner: I used the Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. You do not need to add milk and butter like the traditional boxed mac and cheese. This comes with a prepackaged cheese sauce versus the powder you usually find.
- chicken breast
- Buffalo wing sauce: I find that most store brand buffalo wing sauces are mild and not too spicy. You can use any buffalo sauce you wish. If you like more spice, go for it!
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
How to make Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Kraft dinner in large saucepan as directed on package.
- Cook the chicken by boiling for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the chicken and toss with buffalo wing sauce. Stir into the macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Chop the green onion stems and sprinkle on top of the mac and cheese.
More Mac and Cheese Variations
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Balls
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Macaroni and Cheese