Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Butternut Squash is the perfect fall recipe. This healthy chili is full of turkey, peppers, beans and seasoning.
If you love butternut squash recipes, you have to try this chili. Did you know you can put butternut squash in chili? You can also try it in beef chili.
Turkey Chili Ingredients
To make this healthy chili recipe, you will need the following (go to the recipe below for detailed amounts and instructions):
- Ground turkey
- Red onion
- Poblano pepper
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Great Northern beans
- Pinto beans
- Chicken broth
- Butternut squash
- Frozen corn
- Seasonings: Chili powder, Salt, Italian seasoning
How to Make Chili in a Slow Cooker
- Brown the meat. In a skillet, brown the ground turkey. Add to slow cooker.
- Add ingredients to slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook the chili. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours or until ingredients are soft.
Tips for Turkey Chili
- For spicier chili, use more than one jalapeño or include some of the seeds to taste.
- To save prep time, turkey can be browned ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.
- For easier clean up, use a crock pot liner.
Cream: Sour cream or greek yogurt
Chives or green onion
Cheese: Queso Fresco, cheddar, or Monterey Jack
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave or stove top. This chili also freezes well.
You may substitute the Great Northern Beans for either Cannellini or Navy Beans.
You may substitute the Pinto Beans with Kidney Beans.
You may substitute canned corn (14.5 ounces, drained) for the frozen corn.