Spiked Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a delicious adult beverage that will warm you up from the inside. Homemade creamy hot chocolate is greeted by a splash of peppermint liquor.
The perfect way to enjoy this drink is in front of a fire with my Hot Chocolate Cookies.
This post contains affiliate links.
Spiked Peppermint Hot Chocolate Ingredients
To make spiked hot chocolate, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts and directions):
- Heavy cream
- Milk chocolate
- Peppermint vodka: You can also substitute peppermint schnapps.
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate Syrup, optional
- Crushed candy cane, optional: I like to take a candy cane, place it in a zip-top bag, and then smash it with a rolling bin or meat mallet.
How to Make an Alcoholic Hot Cocoa
- In a small pot, combine the milk and heavy cream over medium-high heat. Bring it up to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add in the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add in the peppermint vodka, then pour it into two cups.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate, and candy canes, or garnish with a marshmallow stir stick.
Yes, you can change it up with different types and make this more of a cocktail. I like Baileys Irish Cream, RumChata, or even coffee liqueur.
I found Smirnoff peppermint vodka at my local liquor store. It is pretty common during the holidays.
I love to use a chocolate that I would like to eat plain. For this recipe, I used the Trader Joe’s milk chocolate bar.
While some people prefer the taste of homemade of hot chocolate, you can totally use a hot chocolate packet with water or milk.
More Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Hazelnut White Hot Chocolate
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- Caramel White Hot Chocolate
- Rumchata Hot Chocolate