Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is the perfect marriage of my favorite fall and winter drinks. Creamy homemade hot chocolate is mixed with maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Ingredients
To make this pumpkin hot chocolate recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- whole milk: Feel free to use only milk if you prefer. You can also use non-dairy milk for a vegan or lactose free option.
- heavy cream: The combination of milk and heavy cream creates a rich and delicious hot chocolate!
- semi-sweet chocolate: Make sure to use good quality chocolate! I used semi-sweet but milk or dark would also be delicious.
- maple syrup: Maple syrup sweetens the hot chocolate and enhances the earthiness of the pumpkin spice. Feel free to swap granulated or brown sugar if you prefer.
- pumpkin pie spice: Pumpkin pie spice is available in most grocery stores but if you can’t find it, swap ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- pure vanilla extract: Vanilla enhances the flavors of the chocolate, maple, and spice!
How to Make Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, bring the milk and cream to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once simmering, add in the chocolate and continue stirring until fully melted.
- Remove from the heat and add in the maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract. Enjoy!
Store any leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
More Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Hazelnut White Hot Chocolate
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- Caramel White Hot Chocolate