If you are looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal, look no further than this pizza pasta bake recipe. This dish is made with simple ingredients that you likely have in your pantry, and it can be prepared in just 45 minutes. Plus, it is kid-friendly and perfect for a party!
The casserole is cheesy and full of flavor. The pasta is nice and tender, and the sauce is slightly thickened so it’s not too runny. The pepperoni adds a nice salty flavor and some texture to the dish. Overall, it’s a really delicious and easy recipe that your whole family will love!
This recipe is also great for meal prep! Simply make a batch at the beginning of the week and reheat it for an easy and delicious lunch or dinner throughout the week.
Pizza Pasta Bake Ingredients
To make this pizza pasta casserole, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- penne pasta: you can use any type of short pasta for this recipe like rotini or farfalle
- olive oil
- ground beef: you can also use ground turkey or sausage
- green bell pepper: you can also use red or yellow bell peppers or a mix of all three colors
- canned diced tomatoes: you can also use crushed tomatoes
- dried oregano leaves: you can also use basil or a mix of both herbs
- garlic powder: you can substitute fresh garlic cloves
- onion powder
- black pepper
- shredded mozzarella cheese: you can also use cheddar cheese or a mix of both cheeses
- pepperoni: feel free to add more or less pepperoni depending on your preference.
How to Make Pizza Casserole
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package.
- Preheat to oven to 375 ˚F. Oil a 9 x13 oven baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the beef and the onion, and cook until the beef is completely cooked, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the tomato, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, tomato sauce, and chopped green pepper. Stir until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the baking dish, cover with grated mozzarella cheese and add slices of pepperoni on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe is pretty flexible, so feel free to add or omit any ingredients that you don’t like or have on hand. The important thing is to use a sauce that you like and to make sure the casserole is cooked through before you serve it.
- You can also add other toppings like mushrooms and olives.
- If you’re looking for a little extra flavor, try adding some Parmesan cheese to the top of the casserole before you bake it.
- If you want a little extra crunch, try topping the casserole with some chopped up bacon or crumbled-up sausage.
- If you want a little extra spice, try adding some red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños to the casserole.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian pizza version of this recipe, simply omit the ground beef and add some sautéed vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, or eggplant. You could also use vegan cheese in place of the mozzarella.
You can store the casserole in the fridge for up to four days. When you’re ready to eat it, simply reheat it in the oven until it’s warmed through.
Yes, you can! This casserole freezes really well. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in freezer-safe wrap or store it in a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to eat it, simply thaw it overnight in the fridge and then reheat it in the oven until it’s warmed through.
You can absolutely make this recipe in advance. Just follow all of the instructions up until you bake it. Then, simply cover it tightly and store it in the fridge for up to two days. When you’re ready to eat it, simply bake it according to the instructions.
This casserole is delicious on its own, but you could also serve it with a side salad or some garlic bread.