Instant Pots are so versatile, you can use them for more than cooking dinner. You can use them for snacks as simple as popcorn! This Instant Pot Popcorn recipe is so easy.
This recipe will show you how to make popcorn in an Instant Pot. Watching the kernels pop is so much fun. You can make even more elaborate popcorn snacks like this Red, White and Blue 4th of July Popcorn.
This post contains affiliate links.
The Instant Pot Duo is a 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer. This is probably the most common Instant Pot and works with this recipe.
The Instant Pot Duo is simple and easy to use. This 7-in-1 appliance can pressure cook, slow cooker, steam, sauté & more.
To make this pressure cooker popcorn recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Popcorn kernels: Do not use kernels from the prepackaged popcorn that you make in the microwave.
- Solid coconut oil
- Popcorn seasoning
How to Make Popcorn in a Pressure Cooker
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting. Adjust temperature to high.
- Add coconut oil to Instant Pot. Let melt completely.
- Once the coconut oil is sizzling hot, add the popcorn kernels and stir well, coating each kernel with oil.
- Add seasoning and salt. Stir well. [Skip this step for plain popcorn.]
- Place lid on the Instant Pot. Popcorn will begin popping in 2-3 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot off by selecting cancel after 75% of the popcorn kernels have popped. Popcorn will continue to pop but not burn.
- Once the pops stop or there’s several seconds between pops, carefully remove the lid and transfer popcorn to bowls.
Easy Valentine's Day Chocolate Popcorn Snack with Sprinkles
Monday 11th of February 2019
[…] that means the popcorn is done. You can also use pre-packaged plain popcorn or you can pop the popcorn in an Intsant Pot. Kettle corn would also taste really good in this […]
Food Bloggers 30 Instant Pot Recipes Roundup and Giveaway
Monday 3rd of September 2018
[…] Pot How-to: Convert any recipe for Instapot by Recipe This How To Make Popcorn in an Instant Pot by Emily Enchanted How To Make Pulled Chicken by The Organic […]
Red, White and Blue 4th of July Popcorn | Fourth of July Snack
Sunday 13th of May 2018
[…] Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. (This is not going in the oven, so you can use either.) Spread the popped popcorn in a single layer on the lined cookie sheet. You can use pre-packaged plain popcorn or you can pop your own. Read how to make Intsant Pot Popcorn. […]