Halloween Popcorn is a chocolate covered popcorn snack with pretzels, sprinkles, and candy corn and pumpkins.
This fun fall snack is perfect for watching a scary movie or serving at your Halloween party.
This post contains affiliate links.
Halloween Popcorn Ingredients
To make this Halloween party snack, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- plain popcorn: You can use microwave plain popcorn or stovetop plain popcorn
- mini pretzel twists
- mini marshmallows
- white coating chocolate
- Reese’s pieces
- candy corn and pumpkins
- fall sprinkles: Most craft stores will carry sprinkle mixes. I found one on Amazon that was fall-themed and mixed it with some orange, yellow and brown nonpareils. If you want more Halloween vibes, try Halloween sprinkles with green, black and purple nonpareils.
How to Make Halloween Candy Popcorn
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels, and mini marshmallows.
- Melt your chocolate according to the directions on the back of the package. Pour the chocolate over the popcorn mix and stir to combine. Stir in half of the Reese’s, candy corn, pumpkins, and sprinkles.
- Pour the mixture out onto the sheet pan and top it with the remaining Reese’s, candy corn and pumpkins, and sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to set, about 15 minutes.
- When it sets, break it apart into bite-size pieces.
Can I Use Stovetop Popcorn?
If you cannot find microwave plain popcorn, there are many other ways to make popcorn. My favorite way is to put two tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan with a quarter cup of popcorn seeds over medium-high heat with a lid and shake it up every now and then until the popcorn kernels have popped.
Can I make this with another type of chocolate like milk or dark?
Yes, this is so delicious with either milk or dark. I just prefer the white chocolate for looks.
Can I make this with microwave popcorn?
Yes, they sell plain popcorn that doesn’t have the artificial butter on it that works perfectly for this.