These Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a cool treat that taste so good. Vanilla ice cream is layered between homemade brownies from scratch and topped with chocolate chips and almond bark drizzle.
Eating ice cream is my favorite way to cool down on a hot day. And these Ice Cream Sandwiches are just what the doctor ordered.
This post contains affiliate links .
Ice Cream Sandwich Ingredients
To make this cold dessert recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- unsweetened chocolate bar
- brown sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- vanilla almond bark
- vanilla ice cream
Tools You Need to Make Brownies from Scratch
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches
This delicious frozen treat has many steps, so pay close attention to the instructions.
- Prep your oven and pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray no-stick baking spray on the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch pan or line with parchment paper.
- Make flour mixture. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate. Break chocolate bar into small pieces and put into a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- Mix rest of brownie ingredients. In another mixing bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Set aside. In a separate microwavable bowl, melt the butter. Add melted butter to the bowl with sugar and eggs and combine. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix until combined. Fold in the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Bake and roll out the brownies. Pour into prepared pan and cook in oven for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You do not want the brownies to be hard or crumbly. After the brownies are cooled completely, remove carefully from pan and place on parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll brownies until they are cookie height, about ¼ inch thick. Cut the rolled out brownies in half, so you have two large brownie pieces.
- Assemble the ice cream sandwiches. Spread ice cream on half of the brownie. Place the other half on top making one large brownie ice cream sandwich. Cut into 6 brownie ice cream sandwiches.
- Add toppings. Put almond bark into a small microwavable bowl and microwave in 20 second increments until melted. Pour melted almond bark into a plastic baggie and twist the end to close the bag. Cut a corner off of the bag and drizzle the almond bark over the brownies. Sprinkle the brownie ice cream sandwiches with additional chocolate chips.
Ice Cream Sandwich Tips
- Eat right away, or place the brownie ice cream sandwiches into a freezer bag or freezer safe container and freeze until ready to enjoy.
- You can use brownie mix if you do not want to make brownies from scratch.
Ice Cream Dessert Recipes
If you love ice cream, try these recipes: