These fun melting ice cream cone cupcakes are great for summer parties or just because. Kids will especially love these colorful summer cupcakes.
Upside down ice cream cones and frosting with sprinkles make it look like the ice cream is melting on top of the cupcake. So cute!
This post contains affiliate links.
Summer Cupcake Ingredients
To make this cupcake recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix, Vanilla
- vegetable oil
- White Frosting
- Ice Cream Cones
- Bakers Dipping Chocolate
- Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkles
How to Make Ice Cream Cupcakes
- First, prepare your cupcakes using the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs according to the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Carefully cut off the top rim of each ice cream cone. [I find it helpful to use a sawing motion with the knife, rather than a slicing motion.] You can discard the top rims as you will only be using the bottoms of the cones.
- Melt the chocolate per package directions. Pour a small spoonful onto the top of each cupcake right in the middle. Some of the chocolate will run slightly towards the edges of the cake. Use a toothpick to help spread the chocolate to where you want it.
- Sprinkle on some jimmies right away before the chocolate starts to set.
- Let the cupcakes set for about 20 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Using a small cookie scoop, set a scoop of white frosting on the middle of the chocolate on each cupcake. It should look like a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Take one of your cone bottoms and press it gently on top of the scoop of frosting, so it looks like your cone fell upside down and is starting to melt
- Put some jimmies onto each scoop of vanilla frosting.
If you love festive cupcakes, try these New Years Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes.