These Air Fryer Taquitos will be a family favorite in no time. They are delicious and super fun to eat and they are also simple to make in the air fryer with just seasoned ground beef, cheese, and tortillas!
Air fried taquitos are just as delicious without all the oil. Enjoy the crunchy tortillas and cheesy filling. YUM!
Air Fryer Taquitos Ingredients
To make air fryer rolled tacos, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Lean ground beef
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Tomato paste
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Flour tortillas: I used 7 inch tortillas
- Olive oil
- Optional garnishes: guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro and shredded iceberg lettuce
How to Make Taquitos in an Air Fryer
- In a medium frying pan brown ground beef. Add spices and tomato paste, stir to combine cook until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place a tortilla on a plate, add about 3 tablespoons of ground beef in the center and then top with shredded cheeses. Roll tortilla and secure filling with a toothpick along the seam. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- When the Air Fryer is hot spray or brush the tray with olive oil and place the taquitos in a single layer on the tray, seam side up. Brush the tops of the taquitos with more olive oil. Cook the taquitos at 380 degrees for 4 minutes, flip, and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired! Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream for dipping and shredding iceberg lettuce on the side. Enjoy!
If you are making these taquitos as an appetizer for a party they can be cut in half for a more mini size they can be kept warm in a 200-degree oven while you make additional batches.
If your tortillas are difficult to roll you can warm them slightly in the microwave before assembling.
You can substitute cooked chicken or refried beans in the filling for the beef if you wish.
All air fryers are different. I used the Cosori Air fryer for this recipe. You may have to adjust time and temperature if you have a different model.