This Air Fryer Apple Crisp is sweet, crunchy and easy to make. It makes the perfect anytime dessert for friends, family or just yourself!
Diced apples are mixed with a sweet crumble mixture made of brown sugar, flour, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
If you are looking to make individual apple crisps, using an air fryer is a great option. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make it in mason jars.
This post contains affiliate links.
Air Fryer Apple Crisp Ingredients
To make this easy apple crisp recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Brown sugar: You can use light or dark brown sugar for this recipe.
- All-purpose flour
- Oats: You can use either rolled or quick oats for this recipe.
- Walnuts: Feel free to substitute the walnuts for pecans or leave them out altogether.
- Nutmeg: If you don’t like nutmeg or don’t have any on hand you can add additional cinnamon instead.
- Salted butter: You can replace this with unsalted butter and a pinch of salt.
- Large sour apple: Some examples of sour apples include Granny, Pink Lady and Braeburn apples.
- Large sweet apple: Good sweet apples for baking include Honeycrisp, Red Delicious and Fuji apples.
How to Make Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for at least 5 minutes and grease 4 (6 ounce) ramekins with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- While preheating, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter for 30 seconds in the microwave and add to the mixture. Mix together to make a crumble mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl place the diced apples and mix in half of the crumble mixture.
- Divide the apple mixture equally among the 4 ramekins.
- Break up the remaining crumble mixture and sprinkle it equally on top of the apple mixture in the ramekins. Cover each ramekin tightly with aluminum foil.
- Set the ramekins in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove all of the foil, then replace the ramekins in the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove the ramekins and serve immediately, topping each ramekin with a scoop of ice cream, optional.
The Gourmia Air Fryer has a sleek design and quick buttons that are super helpful!
Cool the Apple Crisp to room temperature before storing. I recommend covering it with a paper towel and then wrapping it completely in plastic wrap. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or refrigerated for up to 5 days. (If the temperature is hot and muggy then the refrigerator is preferred to room temperature storage).
Can I Freeze Apple Crisp?
You can freeze the apple crisp for up to 3 months. Be sure to wrap it well and store in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating it.
Be sure to have success every time you make this Apple Crisp (which is sure to be often!) by using the following tips:
- Be sure to dice or slice your apples into equal pieces, as much as possible. If you have a great variety in the size of apple pieces then it may not cook evenly.
- If you want a firmer apple in this recipe you can leave the peel on the apples or use 2 granny smith apples instead of using a gala apple.
- Be sure to have your Air Fryer preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and keep it heated, even when you remove the ramekins.
- If you need to save a few minutes on the baking you can shred the peeled apples instead of dicing them. The crisp will not need as long to bake if you do this so be sure to check it at about 7-8 minutes after cooking (both before and after removing the foil).
- When you remove the foil, make sure to remove any little bits of foil, so none get sucked up into the heating element and start a fire.
- If you’d rather have a thick top crisp you can cook the apples alone and add the crisp mixture to the top just for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
More Amazing Apple Recipes for Fall
Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
Cinnabon Apple Cobbler
Apple Dump Cake
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
Apple Bundt Cake