Apple Dump Cake is a delicious warm dessert that is as easy as stir, dump and bake. Apples are cooked to perfection with butter, sugar and spices, and then topped with cake mix and caramel sauce.
To make this recipe even easier, you could use a can of apple pie filling instead of boiling your own apples.
Apple Dump Cake Ingredients
To make this easy dump cake recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe below for detailed amounts and instructions):
- Apples: the best apples to use for baking are Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious, McIntosh or Granny Smith
- Spices: all spice and cinnamon
- Unsalted butter
- Caramel sauce
- Yellow box cake mix
How to Make Apple Dump Cake
This apple cake is so easy – all you have to is make an apple mixture and then dump cake mix on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the apple mixture. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add water, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, and spices. Bring to a small boil. Add apples. Stir until a small boil again, about 4 minutes. Add cornstarch to thicken, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Assemble cake in baking dish. Pour apple pie mixture into the bottom of a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the caramel sauce, and then cover with the cake mix. Cover with melted butter.
- Bake the cake. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top has started to slightly brown.
How to Serve Apple Dump Cake
Just like apple cobbler and apple pie, this apple dessert is also best served warm with vanilla ice cream. My favorite is vanilla bean ice cream – I think it has just a little more flavor. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and caramel sauce. You can also add whipped cream.