Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings are a delicious fall treat. Thick apple slices, wrapped in crescent rolls are baked to perfection in a sticky and thick cinnamon brown sugar sauce.
Apple picking is an essential right of passage into Fall, and there is nothing more satisfying than being able to create something amazing with the literal fruit of your labor. Try my Caramel Apple Pie, Cinnamon Apple Cobbler, or Instant Pot Apple Butter.
Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Ingredients
To make this delicious apple dessert recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Salted Butter
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg
- Crescent rolls: Using warm crescent rolls can cause them to stretch and make it harder to roll them. Be sure to use cold crescent rolls.
- Apples: You can use red or green apples.
- Mountain Dew: You can use 7Up in place of the Mountain Dew.
How to Make Apple Dumplings with Mountain Dew
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the butter, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Place into the microwave and warm for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and whisk well.
- Place 1 slice of apple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up completely.
- Place all of the rolled crescent rolls into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Cover with all of the brown sugar sauce. Pour in the Mountain Dew around the dumplings but not over them.
- Place into the preheated oven to bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and baked through. The sauce will have reduced into a thick syrup.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let set for a few minutes before serving.
Why Add Mountain Dew?
Mountain Dew not only adds a little flavor, but when the liquid and the sugars are baked together, you get that caramelized goodness.
These dumplings are super delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream on top. They are also delicious chilled with a cup of hot coffee.
Dumplings may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.