Halloween Cake Mix Cookies are made from chocolate cake mix with Reese’s Pieces candies. These cookies come out soft and chewy and the candy bites add an extra tasty pop of chocolate and peanut butter.
This Halloween cookie recipe has only 4 ingredients and is ready in just 10 minutes! This fast and easy Halloween cookie recipe is perfect for when you already have to get the kids costumes ready, find the trick or treat bags, and plan the best trick or treating route.
Reese’s Pieces are the perfect colors for Halloween, and give you that delicious peanut butter flavor. But you could use regular M&Ms if you are in a pinch.
Halloween Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients
To make these easy Halloween cookies, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Chocolate cake mix: You will not be making the cake mix according to the box instructions, so no need to follow the ingredients list on the box.
- Oil: I used coconut oil, but you can use vegetable oil.
- Reese’s Pieces candies
How to Make Halloween Cookies with Boxed Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mix bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and oil. Add in the Reese’s Pieces candies.
- Evenly spoon out 12 tablespoon sized balls onto your cookies sheet. (A cookie scoop works best for this.) Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
To keep your cookies fresh, store in a zip lock bag or air tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- I always bake cookies on parchment paper. They come right off and you don’t have to clean the pan!
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out the cookies and form perfect balls.
- You can press Reese’s Pieces into the top of the cookie right before they are done baking to create a more aesthetically pleasing cookie.