Sweet and Spicy Oven Roasted Pecans are the perfect snack. They are delicious, filling, and healthy for you!
I don’t like the dryness of nuts, so I like to add a little something to them. This recipe is perfect if you agree with me. This is super quick recipe and is very easy.
This snack is very popular in fall and around Christmas time. The aroma that fills the house is simply amazing!
Roasted Pecans are great for giving as a gift to teachers, neighbors, and friends! You can also serve at parties in bowls or on a charcuterie board.
This post contains affiliate links.
Roasted Pecans Ingredients
To make this toasted pecans recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- shelled pecan halves
- chili powder
- ground ginger
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread pecans on baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 8-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally making sure they do not burn.
- While nuts are roasting, combine cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Transfer the roasted nuts to a bowl. Toss with melted butter, brown sugar and spice mix while nuts are still hot.
- Lay them back out on the baking sheet to dry slightly, and cool before serving.
Candied pecans make a great snack just by themselves but they are also very versatile! Here are some other yummy ways to use them:
- You can chop them and serve on top of a salad.
- Crumble and sprinkle on top of a bundt cake.
- Roll a cheese ball in crushed pecans.
- Add to the filling of this Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake.
- Use as topping on an ice cream sundae.
- Add to a snack mix.
Yes, you can eliminate the cayenne and reduce the chili powder for a less spicy version.
Pecans are high in healthy unsaturated fat and can lower “bad” cholesterol. They also contain vitamins A, B, and E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Pecans are also rich in age defying antioxidants.
Wednesday 28th of December 2022
Thanks for the opportunity to save and make this repice.
Tuesday 15th of June 2021
How long will they keep after making? Thanks!
Tuesday 15th of June 2021
@Karen Mathis, generally, pecans last for one month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
Sunday 10th of January 2021
Delicious and easier than my old recipe although pretty much same spice blend. My husband eats them by The bowl.
Friday 1st of January 2021
Very very flavorful and easy to make
Brenda Marshall Liska
Tuesday 15th of December 2020
Larry and Ben...they look awesome!!