Strawberry Basil Gin Rickey is a refreshing gin cocktail made with strawberry basil simple syrup, lemon juice and club soda.
The rickey has been around since the 1880s! Originally made with bourbon, the gin version was very similar to a gimlet.
Strawberry and basil are two of my favorite summer flavors, making this the perfect cocktail on a hot day.
This recipe is made in a pitcher and is great for doubling or tripling and serving at parties.
Strawberry Basil Gin Rickey Ingredients
To make this strawberry rickey cocktail, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Strawberry basil simple syrup
- Lemon juice
- Club soda
- Garnish: basil leaves, mint sprigs, lemon slices or strawberries
How to Make A Gin Rickey
- In a small pitcher combine the strawberry basil simple syrup, gin and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the ice and top with club soda.
- Serve immediately garnished with mint sprigs, basil leaves, lemon slices or fresh strawberries.
- If you don’t plan on serving at a party, mix the drink in a pitcher without ice. Pour over ice in individual glasses. This will let you store the pitcher without it getting watered down.
Do I Have to Add Club Soda?
You can also use sparkling water instead of soda! It’s incredibly delicious too.
Adjust the soda to your taste. If you prefer a stronger cocktail ½ cup will be great for you. However, if you prefer something more refreshing or less, strong go with 1 cup.
More Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Raspberry Mojito
- Spike Frozen Arnold Palmer
- Passion Fruit Margarita
- Frozen Mint Julep
- Raspberry Basil Chilton
- Chambord Margarita