This refreshing Raspberry Mojito is a delicious drink with a fruity twist on a classic. Fresh raspberries are muddled with mint to create a fruit and herb infused rum cocktail.
Raspberry mojitos are great summer drinks, perfect for a hot summer day. They are light and have great flavor. It is colorful and the bubbles tickle your nose. This recipe uses fresh raspberries instead of sugar syrup. The result is a tasty beverage with a fruity kick.
Fresh raspberries are sweeter than their canned counterparts. By using them in place of sugar syrup, you’ll get a much better tasting drink.
Raspberry Mojito Ingredients
To make raspberry mojitos, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Raspberries: You can also use frozen raspberries but let them completely thaw before using. I would recommend using fresh ones for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Lime: you will need both slices for the recipe and lime wedges for garnish.
- Light brown sugar
- White rum: you can also substitute raspberry vodka.
- Ice cubes
- Soda water (aka sparkling water or seltzer): You can substitute club soda.
How to Make Raspberry Mojitos
- Wash the raspberries and the mint leaves and add them to a highball glass or cocktail shaker.
- Cut the lime in slices and add two slices to the cocktail shaker.
- Carefully muddle the raspberries, the mint leaves and the lime slices until raspberries are smooth.
- Divide mixture between the two glasses. Now divide sugar and remaining lime between the glasses, fill up with ice cubes and pour the rum over the ice.
- Fill up with sparkling water or club soda and garnish with raspberries, mint and lime wedges.
You can add more or less sugar to taste or replace sugar with sweetener or simple syrup.
You can also leave out the rum and make it virgin. Add some sprite or fresh lime juice instead if you want.
I would not make these ahead of time, they are very easy and fast to prepare and taste best freshly mixed. You could make a bigger pitcher and add ice just before serving if you wanted. But keep it cool in your fridge as long as possible.
Where Can I Buy Raspberries?
Raspberries are one of the most popular fruits grown in North America. They are easy to grow and can be found in many different varieties. If you want to buy raspberries online, there are several options. You can find them in stores that sell fresh produce like Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s, Costco, Walmart, Target, and Kroger. Or you can purchase them online through Amazon.com. And if you live near a farmer’s market, you might see vendors selling raspberries there.