This Pear Cake with pecans, vanilla frosting and caramel drizzle is to DIE for! If you take the time to make this cake, your efforts will be met with songs of praise from everyone enjoying this luxurious creation.
Box cake mix helps move this cake along more quickly. It may look intense, but it is really easy! Top it off with a caramel pear.
Pear Cake Ingredients
To make this pear cake recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- yellow cake mix
- instant vanilla pudding
- vegetable oil
- white chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- brown sugar
- heavy cream
How to Make Pear Cake
Before you make this pear cake, take the time to lay out everything you need and read the instructions over a few times. There are a lot of steps involved, so familiarize yourself with the recipe and print it below.
- Prepare the oven and pans. Preheat 350 degrees. Oil three 9″ round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Prepare the pears. Peel and dice 2 pears and set aside.
- Make the cake batter. Mix cake mixes and puddings together. Whip in eggs. Add oil, milk and vanilla extract. Stir in pecans, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and diced pears. Note: you can add 1 tablespoon of flour to the chips to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Bake the cake. Pour evenly into three cake pans. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, checking with a toothpick to see if each pear cake is done.
- Make the frosting. While cake is baking, add butter to a medium bowl and whip till fluffy about 1 minute. Add sugar a couple of spoonfuls at a time. Add cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- Make the caramel drizzle. Using a small saucepan, melt sugar into water at medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring until sugar is melted. At this point take off heat and add cream. Stir until incorporated. It will bubble profusely. Put back on heat but lower it to medium-low. Cook for about 15 min or until the candy thermometer reads 250. Remove from heat, add vanilla and then butter, one tablespoon at a time. Mixture will thicken as it cools, so do not wait too long to drizzle on the cake.
- Cover a pear in chocolate. Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl by placing in microwave for 30 seconds. Take your third pear and dip it in the caramel sauce. Lean the pot to one side, dip the pear in and twirl it around until the entire pear is coated. Drizzle melted white chocolate on the pear with a spoon. Set aside.
- Frost the cake. Place first cake on a plate. Cover in thin layer of caramel. Spread a thin layer of frosting over the caramel. Repeat. On top layer after icing the cake, drizzle over caramel and white chocolate. Place pear on top. Add more pecans around the bottom of the cake.
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake | Chocolate Cake Recipe
Thursday 17th of January 2019
[…] am on a cake kick after this Caramel Pear Cake. It is a great way to utilize summer produce before it goes to waste. Do you have any leftover […]