BLT Pasta Salad is a delicious side dish recipe with a simple sauce that compliments the bacon, lettuce and tomato.
This basic pasta salad recipe is full of vibrant colors and will liven any dinner table. The creamy sauce consists of sour cream, mayo and salt. For more flavor, you can try ranch dressing instead.
The dressing may seem plain, but you will be SHOOK. This pasta salad tastes just like a BLT!
BLT Pasta Salad Ingredients
To make this bacon lettuce and tomato side dish recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Sour cream
- Bow tie pasta
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado: I like to use an avocado that is still a bit firm, so the avocado does not mush when mixed in.
How to Make Bacon Lettuce Tomato Pasta Salad
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise and salt to a medium size bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and avocado to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour in the sour cream mixture and toss again to combine.
- Serve with additional crumbled bacon for garnish if desired.
This pasta salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you omit the avocado, it would last a couple days longer.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
Pizza Pasta Salad – This side dish is bursting with Italian flavors.
Summer Macaroni Salad – Perfect for backyard barbecues, this cold side dish is full of colorful peppers and onion.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – Very similar to the BLT, with a little more flavor.
Greek Pasta Salad – A delicious pasta salad with olives and cheese tortellini.