Air Fryer Pineapple tastes just like grilled pineapple and is so much easier! No grill required. Juicy pineapple is air fried in a cinnamon brown sugar and butter glaze.
Air fryer recipes make things easy by allowing you to make your favorite recipes in one appliance right in your kitchen.
Air Fryer Pineapple Recipe Ingredients
To make this air fried pineapple recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Pineapple: Fresh is best! I don’t recommend using canned pineapple because the pineapple is already soft and will turn mushy.
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, but recommended!)
How to Select a Ripe Pineapple
Knowing when a pineapple is ripe can be tricky, but here are some tips for picking the best pineapple:
- Smell. The best way to tell if a pineapple is ripe is to smell it near the base as pineapples usually have a sweet pleasant scent when they are ripe.
- Touch. You can also squeeze the outside of the skin lightly and feel for soft areas, which typically indicate the pineapple is ready to be eaten.
- Sight. Look for the fruit to have an overall golden hue with no green spots and make sure there are no brown or mushy spots on the skin too.
How to Cook Pineapple in the Air Fryer
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the pineapple with the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the pineapple is coated.
- Place the pineapple into the air fryer basket. No need to place them in a single layer, feel free to stack the pineapple.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F for 13-15 minutes, giving the basket a shake halfway through. Remove pineapple from the basket when done cooking.
- Serve over some ice cream and enjoy.
It’s about 3-4 cups of fresh chunked pineapple.
Peeling a pineapple is quite simple. You will cut off the top and bottom, then run your knife around the outside of the pineapple to remove the skin.
You don’t need an expensive air fryer to make this recipe. I prefer an air fryer with a large basket. Ninja and Cosori are popular brands.
- You can cut pineapple slices or pineapple rings, whatever you prefer!
- You can place aluminum foil on the bottom of the air fryer to catch the drippings. Then you can double the butter and sugar to make a sauce.
Serve with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top. You can also add to smoothie bowls or yogurt bowls.
You will want to store leftover air fryer grilled pineapple in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.