Air Fryer Pineapple tastes just like grilled pineapple and is so much easier! No grill required. Juicy pineapple is air fried in a cinnamon brown sugar and butter glaze.
Air fryer recipes make things easy by allowing you to make your favorite recipes in one appliance right in your kitchen.
Air Fryer Pineapple Ingredients
To make this pineapple recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Pineapple: Fresh is best! I don’t recommend using canned pineapple because the pineapple is already soft and will turn mushy.
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, but recommended!)
How to Cook Pineapple in the Air Fryer
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the pineapple with the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the pineapple is coated.
- Place the pineapple into the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F for 13-15 minutes, giving the basket a shake halfway through.
- Serve over some ice cream and enjoy.
It’s about 3-4 cups of fresh chunked pineapple.
Peeling a pineapple is quite simple. You will cut off the top and bottom, then run your knife around the outside of the pineapple to remove the skin.
You can place aluminum foil on the bottom of the air fryer to catch the drippings. Then you can double the butter and sugar to make a sauce.
You don’t need an expensive air fryer to make this recipe. I prefer an air fryer with a large basket. Ninja and Cosori are popular brands.
You will want to store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.