Is Cheesecake Fruit Salad a side dish or a dessert? You decide! Made with cream cheese, Cool Whip, berries and citrus, this recipe takes fruit salad to the next level!
This post contains affiliate links.
Cheesecake Fruit Salad Ingredients
To make this fruit salad recipe, you will need the following ingredients (print the recipe below for exact amounts and directions):
- Cream cheese: You can omit the cream cheese for a sweeter flavor.
- Powdered cheesecake pudding mix
- Cool Whip: You can make your own whipped topping using heavy whipping cream instead of using store-bought Cool Whip for this cheesecake fruit salad.
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Pineapple chunks
- Mandarin slices
How to Make Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, honey, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes or until very smooth.
- In a large bowl fold powdered cheesecake pudding mix into cool whip until well mixed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the large bowl with the cool whip mixture and combine well.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, and mandarin to the mixture and combine them until the fruit is covered in the cheesecake mixture.
- Chill in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and serve cold.
This cheesecake fruit salad can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 4 days or in a freezer for up to 4 months.
This cheesecake fruit salad is best served cold.
You can substitute any of the fruit with a variety of other fruit such as banana slices, grapes, peach slices, mango chunks, etc.
Yes, you can make this fruit side dish ahead of time and freeze it. Make sure to thaw completely in the refrigerator before serving.
It is best to mix the powdered pudding mix to the cool whip before combining all other ingredients, otherwise, the mixture becomes very chunky and hard to incorporate fruit.