In less than 10 minutes, you can have the PERFECT hot dog. Air Fryer Hot Dogs are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Air frying is the perfect option for when you don’t want to grill (or don’t have one) and prefer something more flavorful than microwaved or boiled hot dogs.
Air Fryer Hot Dog Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- Hot dogs: For this recipe, we choose hot dogs made from turkey, chicken, and pork. You can choose from many types of hot dogs at your grocery for this recipe!
- Hot dog buns: Just like the dogs, the buns come in many options. Pick your favorite buns like Hawaiian, brioche, or whole-grain!
How to Make Air Fried Hot Dogs
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Score each hot dog with a sharp paring knife so that they can expand when cooking.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place 8 hot dogs in the fryer basket on a piece of air fryer parchment paper and cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, open the air fryer basket and turn the hot dogs over in the basket and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the air fryer with tongs.
- Transfer the cooked hot dogs onto warm hot dog buns and serve!
Scoring the hot dogs helps prevent them from expanding unevenly while cooking. It also helps toppings stay in place instead of sliding off the dog.
- Classic Toppings: ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut, jalapenos
- Chili Dog Toppings: chili with beans, pinto beans, nacho cheese, Fritos, sour cream, chives
- Hot Dog Bar: let everyone choose their own toppings with this hot dog charcuterie board
Store leftover hot dogs in the refrigerator using an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave.
Lightly toast in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, and wrap your buns in aluminum foil to keep them warm until ready to serve.