This strawberry pudding with chia seeds is the perfect dessert. It is delicious, healthy, and so easy to make! You can make it for Valentine’s Day or just because. It is a great alternative for the sugar-filled puddings in the store.
What is Paleo Pudding?
This recipe fits into a paleo nutrition plan. The paleo diet is all about a certain way of eating – whole unprocessed foods, leafy greens, fresh vegetables without chemicals, nuts, grass-fed meat, etc.
It also means no dairy or refined sugars. Pudding generally contains milk and sugar, so all we have to do is alter the ingredients slightly and we have a delicious and healthy paleo pudding.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping ease.
- Coconut or Almond Milk: or milk of choice if you are not on a paleo diet
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut flakes:optional garnish
How to Make Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Slice the top off the strawberries or hull them. [You can get a cheap huller here.]
- Chop the strawberries.
- In a blender [like this Ninja] or food processor [my favorite affordable food processor], combine the chopped strawberries, milk, maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Blend or process on high till smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse gently, so that it is well distributed.
- Pour it in to serving bowl or cups.
- Cover and refrigerate for anywhere between an hour to overnight.
- Serve chilled with fresh strawberries and/or coconut flakes.
This recipe makes about four servings. I would even consider having a double serving and eating it for breakfast. It is that good! And you don’t have to be on a paleo diet to try this.
Other Paleo Recipes
If you enjoy paleo recipes, try my Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes.