Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler is a delicious summer dessert baked in a cast iron skillet. The tart rhubarb with sweet strawberries is a perfect pairing.
The cobbler topping is crisp and crumbly, similar to a sugar cookie flavor. It complements the tartness of the rhubarb.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler Ingredients
To make this easy cobbler recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Rhubarb, chopped
- Lemon juice, fresh
- All-purpose flour
- White granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
How to Make Cobbler in a Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Slice the strawberry and dice the rhubarb into ½ in chunks. Place prepared strawberries and rhubarb at the bottom of a medium sized baking dish. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the prepared fruit.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, egg and butter. The mixture should be sandy in texture. Scoop and place the flour mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake the cobbler uncovered in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges. The top of the cobbler will be slightly golden in color.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
What Can I Serve with Cobbler?
Cobbler is perfectly served with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.