There’s no campfire needed for this easy, oven baked s’mores dip recipe. It’s a layer of Hershey’s chocolate bars covered in marshmallows and baked until golden brown in a large skillet. Dip in graham crackers for a fun and delicious treat.
This s’mores dip is ready in only 15 minutes and can easily serve a crowd. You can eat the dip right out of the skillet that it bakes in, dipping in graham crackers, fruit, or pretzels.
Everybody loves s’mores! The chocolate and marshmallow combination always leaves you wanting some more. I can’t eat marshmallows right out of the bag, but I can’t resist toasted marshmallows.
I have made many memories making s’mores on a campfire. It was fun to figure out the best position to toast your marshmallow on a stick. Are you an over the fire person or in the fire person? Sometimes you don’t have access to a fire, so this skillet s’mores recipe is a great alternative.
S’mores Dip Ingredients
This dessert dip is so easy, it only has 2 ingredients! Don’t forget the crackers for dipping, but honestly I think I could eat this chocolate dip with a spoon!
- Hershey’s chocolate bars: 1.55 ounces each, standard sized
- Graham crackers: for dipping
Tools You Need to Make S’mores Dip Dessert
To make this chocolate and marshmallow dessert dip, you will need a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Skillets cook evenly and are perfect for cooking baked goods in the oven. I love cooking in cast iron skillets. They are so durable and last forever. They can also go right from stove top to oven and even under the broiler.
How to Make S’mores Dip
S’mores dip is so easy to make, all you have to do is melt and toast the ingredients in the oven and serve.
- Prep the oven and skillet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10” cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the ingredients. Divide the chocolate bars in half and arrange them in an even layer on the bottom of your baking dish. Add the marshmallows in an even layer on top of the chocolate.
- Bake the dip. Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, until the tops of the marshmallows turn golden brown. Keep a close eye so as to not overcook your marshmallows.
- Let sit and serve. Take the pan out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes (the chocolate will continue to melt). Serve in the skillet along with graham crackers, fruit or pretzels for dipping.
- Keep a close eye on your dip when it goes into the oven! The marshmallows will quickly turn from brown to burnt, so be careful to watch when you approach the 8 minute mark.
- Arrange the marshmallows in an even layer as much as possible. This will help them bake evenly and prevent any marshmallows that stick up too far from burning.
- Feed a crowd: this recipe is rich, sweet and large (bakes in a 10” skillet). It makes 10 servings and is a fun snack for a crowd.
Can I Store Smores Dip?
I do not recommend storing in the refrigerator. Serve right away.
Dessert Dip Recipes
I love dessert dip recipes because you can dip whatever you want in them. Here are some of my other dessert dips:
- Chocolate Cheese Ball Dessert Dip
- Bunny Butt Cheese Ball Dessert
- Funfetti Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Red Velvet Dip
S’mores Dip Recipe
- 7-1.55 oz Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 16 oz bag large marshmallows
- 1 box Graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10” cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the chocolate bars in half and arrange them in an even layer on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Add the marshmallows in an even layer on top of the chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, until the tops of the marshmallows turn golden brown. Keep a close eye so as to not overcook your marshmallows.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes (the chocolate will continue to melt).
- Serve in the skillet along with graham crackers, fruit or pretzels for dipping.
The nutrition information is calculated using online nutrition calculators and may not be accurate. It is provided as a general guide only.
The recipe and photos contained herein are the property of Emily Enchanted© and may not be copied.