Frozen Pina Colada is a delicious rum cocktail made with coconut and pineapple. This recipe is so easy to make, all you need is a few ingredients and a blender.
If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain… everyone knows this famous line. This tropical cocktail is so refreshing on a hot day in summer. It will transport you to the beach!
Frozen Piña Colada Ingredients
To make this pineapple coconut cocktail recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- White rum
- pineapple juice
- coconut creme
- coconut milk
- frozen pineapple
- fresh pineapple, for garnish (optional)
How to Make a Frozen Piña Colada
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until ice and frozen pineapple are completely smooth.
- Garnish with pineapple triangles or even a piece of fresh coconut.
- You can increase the amount of rum for a stronger drink.
- If you want it thicker, add more frozen pineapple so the ice doesn’t water down the cocktail.
- To keep your drink cold, used a chilled glass.
- Add mango for an extra fruity mango pina colada!
This recipe uses white rum. You need an Añejo instead of Reposado, a dark rum which has been aged. White rum is great for tropical and fruity drinks. Always check the bottle when looking for rum at the liquor store.
I like to use a sturdy blender like Ninja or Vitamix.
I think you could easily double the recipe. I would not try to make more than 2 at one time, given the capacity of a blender.