Frozen Pina Colada is a delicious rum cocktail made with coconut and pineapple. This recipe is so easy to make, all you need is a few ingredients and a blender.
Frozen Piña Colada Ingredients
To make this pineapple coconut cocktail recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- White rum
- pineapple juice
- coconut creme
- coconut milk
- frozen pineapple
- fresh pineapple, for garnish (optional)
How to Make a Frozen Piña Colada
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until ice and frozen pineapple are completely smooth.
- Garnish with pineapple triangles or even a piece of fresh coconut.
- You can increase the amount of rum for a stronger drink.
- If you want it thicker, add more frozen pineapple so the ice doesn’t water down the cocktail.
- To keep your drink cold, used a chilled glass.
- Add mango for an extra fruity mango pina colada!
This recipe uses white rum. You need an Añejo instead of Reposado, a dark rum which has been aged. White rum is great for tropical and fruity drinks. Always check the bottle when looking for rum at the liquor store.
I like to use a sturdy blender like Ninja or Vitamix.
I think you could easily double the recipe. I would not try to make more than 2 at one time, given the capacity of a blender.