Passion Fruit Mojito is delicious, fruity and easy to make. Passion fruit juice is mixed with white rum, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and oranges for a tropical cocktail.
To make this cocktail with a twist on a classic mojito, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- White rum
- Passion fruit: you will need passion fruit juice as well as the pulp. You can use bottled passion fruit juice, but will still need a fresh passion fruit for the pulp/seeds.
- lemon juice: freshly squeezed is best
- mint leaves
What is the Best White Rum?
For this recipe you will be using Añejo instead of Reposado, a dark rum which has been aged. White rum is great for tropical and fruity drinks.
Rum is made from sugarcane, which grows in tropical climates. The best white rum will come from places like Puerto Rico and Asia.
Always check the bottle when looking for rum at the liquor store. Here is a list of the best white rum.
How to Make this Mojito
This recipe makes 2 cocktails that are about 6 ounces each.
- Fill each glass with ice cubes and fresh mint leaves.
- Pour the rum, passion fruit juice and lemon juice into a cocktail mixing glass and stir briefly.
- Cut the orange into slices and then into quarters and put 2-3 quarters in each glass.
- Now pour the mixture evenly into the glasses, add half of the passion fruit pulp/seeds into each glass, garnish with mint and orange slices and enjoy.
If you want a stronger mint flavor and even more of an authentic mojito feeling put the mint leaves into the glasses first and carefully muddle them with a wooden spoon or a muddler. Just be careful not to overdo it so the mint taste doesn’t overpower the passion fruit.
Home Bar Must Haves
Here are my favorite “tools” I keep around to keep my home bar up to par.
This can be served without the rum to have an alcohol free option. You can add some soda, but kids love it just like this.