Key Lime Martini is a refreshing pool-side drink made with key lime rum, coconut rum, and vanilla rum. The graham cracker rim adds a delicious texture to this beachy cocktail.
While they may not taste totally different, key lime just sound fancier and more fun than regular lime. So, if you cannot find key lime rum, you can totally use lime rum for this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Key Lime Martini Ingredients
To make this rum martini recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe card below for exact amounts and directions):
- Blue Chair Bay Key Lime Rum Cream
- Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- Vanilla Rum
- Graham cracker
How to Make a Graham Cracker Rim for Cocktails
Crush the graham cracker using a Ziploc bag and rolling pin or food processor. Add the crushed the graham cracker to a plate or shallow bowl. Make sure the crumbs are in a thick layer.
Using a slice of lime, rim a martini glass to get it wet and sticky, and then dip the martini glass into crushed graham crackers. You can also take the edge of the rim and roll the glass in the crumbs to get the outside nice and coated.
The key to getting a great rim on a cocktail glass is to make sure the rim is sticky. You can also use a sponge to wet the rim with rum, or dip the rim in agave nectar.
How to Make a Key Lime Martini
Shaken, not stirred. Shaking your martini in a cocktail shaker just chills the drink faster. I also like to think that this method makes the drink less diluted.
- Shake it up. Add the rum into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well.
- Pour and serve. Strain into martini glass and top with a slice of lime.
Tips for Making Coconut Key Lime Martinis
- Chill your martini glass for an hour before making your drink.
- You can also use toasted coconut to rim the glass.
- This cocktail has a lot of liquor. If you want a lighter drink, substitute coconut water for the coconut rum.
- If you are clumsy like me, try stemless martini glasses.
Yes, there is a difference between key limes and limes. Those cute miniature limes you see in the grocery store are key limes. Key limes are more tart, where regular limes are more tangy or acidic.