Chocolate Pretzel Rings with Kisses and M&Ms are the perfect sweet and salty Christmas treat. They are so easy to just pop in your mouth and enjoy. They take very little time to make and cool very quickly in the fridge.
These can also be called Reindeer Noses and you can use red M&Ms to signify Rudolph’s nose! I can guarantee that these will be gone in no time once you put them out on the Christmas treat table. And if you have leftover M&Ms, you can make these Christmas Monster Cookies.
Pretzel Ring Ingredients
This recipe for Chocolate Pretzel Rings with Kisses and M&Ms only calls for 3 ingredients! You can make as many as you want, so just make sure you have equal amounts of each ingredient.
- Pretzel Rings
- Hershey Swirled Kisses (aka Hershey Hugs)
- Holiday M&Ms
You will also need cookie sheets and parchment paper.
Where to Find Pretzel Rings
Pretzel rings are getting harder to find every year. It seems that Rold Gold has stopped producing their Holiday Rings. I did find Wege Circle Pretzel O’s on Amazon, but I have not tried this brand.
I found the holy grail of pretzel rings at Albertsons. They sell them under their store brand Signature Select, so theoretically you should be able to find them at all banner stores:
- Tom Thumb
- United Supermarkets
- Star Market
If you have found them at others stores, please let us know in the comments! In the event that pretzel rings cannot be found, you can use pretzel twists or pretzel squares.
Alternatives to Hershey Hugs
Hershey Hugs (the white chocolate and milk chocolate swirled Kisses) are perfect for this recipe because they melt so well, but you can use other candies.
Hershey Kisses (the plain chocolate kind) do not melt as well and have less “smush” factor. They end up very rounded.
Hershey Candy Cane Kisses get extra melty and need less time in the oven.
Rolo candies are another version I have seen, but I have not tried myself. You can even make these with Rolos and pecans.
How to Make Chocolate Pretzel Rings with Kisses and M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with parchment paper. Lay out the pretzels. [Note: wax paper is NOT parchment paper!] Put one chocolate on each pretzel.
- Melt in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Immediately place an M&M in the middle and press down. I like to make sure the “m” is face down so they look nice. The Hugs may still look “peaked” but trust me, they are melted! They should smush as soon as you push an M&M down on the chocolate.
- Cool in fridge until hardened, about 5-10 minutes.
Store in container at room temperature. The chocolate will start to develop white spots and not look as nice if you keep them in the fridge too long.