Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. This hearty soup is full of chicken, beans and corn. I love the corn in this soup because it gives it a little bit of a crunch. The seasonings make this soup so tasty. This soup is similar to my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup, but works great for those who don’t have an Instant Pot.
I love cooking in my slow cooker because it is so easy and makes my whole house smell amazing! Cooking chicken in a crock pot is great because the chicken stays moist and gets very tender. The chicken in this crock pot recipe just falls apart when it is done. Scroll down for tips and to print the recipe.
What You Need for Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Most of the items you need for chicken taco soup may already be in your pantry. It is mostly canned goods and seasonings.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cans fat free chicken broth
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto, red, or black beans
1 can diced tomatoes with green chile
1 T chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp oregano
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Making Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup is as easy as dump and set and forget for 6 hours.
First, place all ingredients in the crock pot and mix well.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove the chicken breast, shred the meat, and return it to the crock pot.
Tips for Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- You can substitute a taco seasoning packet instead of measuring out all the seasonings.
- You can add an additional chicken breast (or 2) to make this soup more like a stew. It tastes just as good but it makes more.
- You can substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth, and it tastes just as good. Vegetable broth is full of flavor! I like to use Imagine Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth. Find it at a store near you.
Optional Ingredients and Toppings for Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Cooked rice
- Shredded cheese
- Jalapeno slices
- Sour cream
- Crumbled tortilla chips
Weight Watchers Points for Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
This soup is ZERO points! Can you believe it?! It is SO delicious. I love mixing in non-fat Greek yogurt as a sour cream substitute for an additional ZERO points! This is the perfect Weight Watchers soup to have if you are hungry and don’t want to use your points during a meal. It is hearty and filling. Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Soup is my go to zero point meal.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans fat free chicken broth
- 1 can corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto, red, or black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chile
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- Place all ingredients in your crock pot and stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breast, shred the meat, and return it to the crock pot.