You can skip the tomato sauce for these Cheesy English Muffin Pizzas with Chicken. These delicious personal pizzas are so creamy with melted mozzarella cheese and ricotta.
English Muffin Pizzas are fun to make and are great for the whole family. If you don’t have time to make dough, this is a great easy pizza recipe that uses items you may already have in your kitchen. I also keep this English muffin pizza recipe handy for when I need to throw together a last minute meal.
I love a good white pizza made with melty and creamy white cheeses. Sometimes it’s nice to have a pizza without the acidity of pizza sauce. The English muffins get nice and crispy, making a great pizza crust substitute.
English Muffin Pizza Ingredients
I have used low fat ingredients for this recipe, and it still tastes amazing! Of course, you can substitute the full fat products for this Cheesy English Muffin Pizzas with Chicken recipe.
To make this healthy pizza recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- English Muffins
- part skim ricotta cheese
- part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- baby spinach leaves
- chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
To make Cheesy English Muffin Pizzas with Chicken, you will need to pre-cook the chicken and spinach. Make sure you have a glass baking dish and a couple pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Cut up chicken into small cubes.
- Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Chop spinach. Spray a small pan with cooking spray. Add spinach to pan over low-medium heat until just wilted. Set aside in a bowl.
- Spray a clean pan with cooking spray. Heat pan over medium heat and add chicken. Sprinkle with ½ the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Separate the English Muffins and place each half in a baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons ricotta to each opened English Muffin.
- Sprinkle remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder onto each.
- Add 2 tablespoons mozzarella to each. Top with spinach and chicken.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Can I Make English Muffin Pizzas in the Microwave?
You can make these English Muffin Pizzas in the microwave! First, toast the English muffins in the toaster. After cooking the chicken and spinach, assemble the pizzas per the instructions and place on a microwaveable plate in the microwave. Microwave on High in 30-40 second intervals until cheese is melted.
Can I Add Other Toppings?
Add other toppings to give these pizzas a real gourmet flair! I like artichoke hearts, pesto, balsamic reduction, or truffles.
How to Serve English Muffin Pizza
I like to serve them with a side salad. I love using Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffins, but you can use any English muffins.