Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream! Chocolate cake is filled with chocolate pudding and topped with homemade chocolate whipped cream, chocolate sauce and chocolate chips. MMMM!
Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake Ingredients
To make this chocolate poke cake recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- chocolate cake mix
- vegetable oil
- instant chocolate pudding mix
- cocoa powder
- Cool Whip
- mini chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until smooth. If the pudding is too thick, add more milk.
- Pour pudding over cake and spread evenly. Rap the baking dish on flat surface several times to help the pudding fill the holes.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Whisk together the instant pudding mix, cocoa powder and milk until thickened. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until combined.
- Carefully spread the whipped topping over the pudding layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
Because pudding is thick, you want to make sure you are using a wooden spoon with a large handle. The holes should be large enough for the pudding to fill. If you have a small handle, you can insert it and move it in a slight circular motion to make the hole larger.
Store any leftover cake loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.