Unicorn Poke Cake is a magical cake with pastel colors inside and a Cool Whip frosting. Add sprinkles on top for a fun and colorful cake.
Poke cake is really fun to make. By poking holes in the baked cake, you can add other flavors to the middle for a fun surprise!
Unicorn Poke Cake Ingredients
To make this unicorn cake, make sure you have the following ingredients on hand (see the recipe below for exact amounts and instructions):
- White cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Strawberry jello mix
- Grape jello mix
- Blue raspberry jello mix
- Cool Whip
- Optional: food coloring and sprinkles
How to Make Unicorn Poke Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
- In three small bowls, combine each jello package with 1 cup boiling water. Whisk together until fully combined.
- Use a Tablespoon to pour jello mixture into the holes in cake, alternating colors according to preference until each hole has been ﬁlled. Do not use all the jello.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator and let it cool for 2 hours.
- If desired, color the whipped topping and spread over the cooled cake and top with sprinkles as desired before serving.
What Can I Do With the Leftover Jello?
You will have lots of jello leftover, so be sure to prepare a glass pan for some jello jigglers!
More Poke Cake Recipes
- Unicorn Poke Cake
- Patriotic Poke Cake
- Easter Poke Cake
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Boston Creme Poke Cake
- Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake