Boston Cream Poke Cake is a delicious dessert that tastes just like Boston Cream Pie. French vanilla pudding is infused in yellow cake mix for a moist and creamy cake.
Poke cake is a delicious and easy way to add filling to your cake. Jello and pudding are some of the most popular additions. You have so many flavor options!
Boston Cream Poke Cake Ingredients
To make this cake with pudding, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Instant French vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate frosting
How to Make Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
- Bake the cake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Poke the cake. Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
- Add pudding to cake. In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until smooth. Pour pudding over cake and spread evenly.
- Add frosting to cake. Heat the chocolate frosting in a microwave safe dish in ten second intervals until it is thinned. Pour over the pudding layer. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.