Very Berry Popsicles are made with fresh berries and honey. These low calorie popsicles are healthy and delicious.
Beat the heat with these delicious treats! Strawberries, blueberries, honey and yogurt make this Very Berry Popsicles recipe to die for! They are full of creamy sweetness. It is hard to stop at one! I love frozen treats because they stay a while in the fridge. Make a few batches and they last a long time.
This post contains affiliate links.
To make this easy dessert recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- plain whole milk yogurt
- lemons: or lemon juice
For this recipe you will also need popsicle molds with wooden sticks. These are reusable and make 10 popsicles each.
How to Make Berry Popsicles
- In a medium sauce pan, add strawberries, ¼ cup of water and 2 tablespoons of honey. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat and simmer for two minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour puree into a bowl. It should look pink.
- Rinse out the pan and blender. Add blueberries, ¼ cup of water and 2 tablespoons of honey to the pan. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and then puree in blender. Transfer to a second bowl to cool. The blueberry puree will look purple.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, 1/4 cup of honey and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Add half a cup of yogurt mixture to the strawberry puree and another half a cup to the blueberry puree. Stir both until smooth.
- Fill your popsicle molds a third of the way with strawberry puree, then a third of the way with the yogurt, then the rest of the way with blueberry puree. You can reverse the order to create variety.
- Transfer to a freezer and freeze for 1 hour. Remove from freezer and add popsicle sticks. Return to the freezer and freeze for 6-8 hours or over night.
- Run popsicle mold under warm water to loosen popsicles. Remove the popsicles and serve!