Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are perfectly crispy and savory. They cook in less than 10 minutes! The chicken is crispy on the outside with a delicious blend of garlic and parmesan cheese flavor and tender on the inside. A squeeze of lemon for serving takes it to the next level.
These crispy chicken cutlets are easy to prepare and so elegant to serve. Family dinner night was never so easy or delicious! Everyone will love this chicken dish. You can even use them to make chicken parm sliders for a delicious meal.
This post contains affiliate links.
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
To make this air fryer breaded chicken cutlets recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- large egg
- plain bread crumbs
- all-purpose flour
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- dried parsley
- chicken cutlets: you can buy fresh or frozen chicken cutlets, just make sure to fully thaw frozen chicken cutlet before cooking.
- olive oil spray
- fresh parsley and lemon for serving
How to Cook Chicken Cutlets in Air Fryer
Making air fried chicken cutlets in super simple without the pot of hot oil.
- Create a breading station by placing 3 shallow plates or bowls together. Put the flour in one dish, a beaten egg in the next, and the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- In the dish with the bread crumbs whisk in the spices, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Lightly season the cutlets with additional salt and pepper. Using tongs, dredge the cutlet in the flour, then the egg, followed but the bread crumbs and set on a plate until all the cutlets are coated.
- When the air fryer is hot, arrange the cutlets in a single layer on the tray or air fryer basket. Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray. Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 4 minutes or until the cutlets are perfectly cooked and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve air fried chicken cutlets immediately with fresh lemon wedges and garnish with fresh parsley.
- A meat thermometer is always helpful to check that the chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- These cutlets can easily be converted into chicken parmesan by adding a couple of tablespoons of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese to the top of each cutlet in the last minute of cooking time. Serve with spaghetti if desired.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They can be reheated in the microwave (texture will be soft and not crisp) or the air fryer but it really is best eaten freshly made. Leftovers are great cold and sliced over a salad if you would like to use them that way.
Purchasing chicken cutlets for this recipe makes it quick and easy! If you only have skinless chicken breast on hand, be sure to slice them in half evenly, and then using a meat tenderizer, pound the sliced chicken breasts thin between two sheets of plastic wrap. It’s important that the cutlets are the same thickness so they cook evenly at the same time and do not get overcooked. The timing in this recipe was based on cutlets that were about a 1/4 inch thick. Adjust the time if your chicken breast cutlets are thicker or thinner.
All air fryers are different. I used the Cosori Air Fryer for this recipe. You may have to adjust time and temperature if you have a different model. I like the air fryer basket, but some prefer the air fryer oven with trays.